To measure the volume of any material some standard units are used like liters, ounces, gallons, etc. Sometimes we need to convert one unit to another for example we have water in gallons but need some liters of water, now we need to convert gallons into litters. For this, the volume converter helps you a lot. Use it and make your life easy.
Steps for Converting the Volume Units
For converting the volume of material from one unit to another. Use these steps;
Step 1: Enter your volume in the text box.
Step 2: Select the unit that you want to convert.
Step 3: Click the convert button.
It converts your current volume into other volume units.
The volume of an object is basically the space occupied by material or liquid. Many objects are marked with the volume scale so that the volume of the material is easily measured when put in that object. These objects include the flask, container, and many others. The volume of the material is measured by the occupied space. Some basic units that are used for measuring volume are; liters, gallons, and cups, etc.
Input and Outputs of Volume Converter
The volume converter inputs only one volume unit and value. Then convert it into all other units. These units include;
- Table Spoon
- Tea Spoon
Basic Units of Conversion
Some of the basic unit conversions are;
- 1 Gallon is equal to 3.99 Quarts.
- 1 Quart is equal to 0.9463 Liters.
- 1 Liter is equal to 2.1134 Pints.
- 1 Pint is equal to 1.972 Cups.
- 1 Cup is equal to 8.1154 Ounces.
- 1 Ounce is equal to 1.999 Table Spoons.
- 1 Table Spoon is equal to 3.00 Tea Spoons.
- 1 Tea Spoon is equal to 4.929 Millimeters.
You can also check this tool Temperature Converter
Uses of Volume
In our daily life, we use volume for measuring the liquid quantity. Some of the basic uses of volume are as follow;
- Volume is used to measure the number of drinks
- Volume is used for fuel felling, to measure the amount of fuel.
- Volume is used in the kitchen for measuring species and other materials for baking and cooking.
- Volume is used in house cleaning such as a specific amount of liquid used for washing clothes and cleaning the floor.
- Volume is used to measure the amount of water required for a swimming pool.